Date And Time Weds, 23rd June 2021 10.00 am – 11.15 am
I am really pleased to be co-hosting a free webinar with Nikki Homes from Safer Together
Cuckooing is a complex and challenging issue for all community safety and health partners. It has a serious impact on those who are being exploited, as well as communities who are suffering from the symptoms of the problem. The ability to identify the issue and take strong partnership action to manage it, utilising support services and enforcement tools, is vital.
Kindly sponsored by Me Learning, the leading provider of cutting-edge digital learning solutions across the public and private sector, we will be joined by Darren Burton, Head of Consultancy Service at Forbes Solicitors and Inspector Ray Mavrakakis from Merseyside Police.
All speakers will share a presentation and the session will conclude with a panel Q&A
We will be discussing:
– what cuckooing is, the signs to look out for and who to refer concerns to
– the range of victims involved in these cases and the need to include safeguarding as part of the solution.
– how to best engage with safeguarding services
– the importance of partnership working, including the role of housing providers in tackling these issues
– a case study for how the issue has been effectively tackled, including discussions about some of the challenges that had to be overcome, the tools that were used and what worked well.
The event is designed to be relevant to all community safety partners, as well as those working to support the victims in these cases.
Book your free space here