Over recent years, work place coaching has been shown to be an effective tool to develop employees both personally and professionally. Providing external coaching allows officers to freely open up about any challenges they face, without fear of judgement or placing their role or reputation in jeopardy. Support can be provided at both officer and manager level.
Support for Officers
Being an ASB officer can be tough, requiring a huge array of skills and knowledge. In addition, changing environments and structures within housing and community safety organisations can lead to uncertainty and concern.
Coaching or mentoring may be useful for you if:
- you, or one of your officers, has a professional development need, such as a knowledge gap, and your require specialist ASB support and help
- you, or one of your officers, has a need to develop soft skills such as building relationships
- you, or one of your officers, has a personal development need, such as low confidence or fear of change
Support for Managers
An ASB/Community Safety Manager often has a challenging role that requires a mix of people management expertise, service improvement abilities and technical knowledge. Janine can assist with areas including:
- identifying gaps in knowledge, creating and implementing personal development plans
- assisting in change management, such as helping with team restructures and how to engage team member
- understanding how to get the best from team members with different personality type
- answering technical questions and providing ASB help
- assisting with ASB case reviews
Janine holds a Level 5 Diploma in Coaching and has a vast amount of practical experience. She is friendly, approachable, clear and straightforward. With experience across social housing, local authority and not for profit settings, at varying levels of seniority from officer to managing director, she has real understanding of exploring what works.
Coaching sessions can take place in a range of ways to suit you, including: face to face, video calling or telephone.