The Anti-Social Behaviour Act 2004 made it a legal requirement for providers of social housing to have an ASB policy and procedure.
Most organisations have a policy and procedure (if you don’t, please make it a priority!) but does yours:
- give clear guidance and support to the officers dealing with ASB, ensuring they make quick and effective decisions to resolve ASB and nuisance?
- allow the flexibility needed to manage ASB cases that have differing needs and circumstances?
- ensure that there is a strong foundation for your ASB service, encouraging consistency across all officers and geographical areas?
- provide a benchmark that allows team managers to effectively monitor and support the performance of each officer?
- provide guidance on how you deal with ASB which helps to manage the expectations of residents, external partners and elected members?
- help you to manage service complaints, ombudsmen investigations and Community Trigger applications?
- ensure that your legal cases are as strong and cost efficient as possible?
- accurately reflect the latest legislation, including the Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014, and policy?
If you cannot answer “yes” to all of the above then your ASB policy and procedure isn’t working hard enough for you.
Janine can review and/or redraft your ASB policy and procedure, ensuring that it is clear, is tailored to your local resources and processes, reflects current best practice and legislation, and has the buy in from the officers using it.
Tailored to your needs, this service can include:
- reviewing your current documents
- facilitating team and/or stakeholder workshops
- redrafting your ASB policy and procedure
- providing briefings and training on the new processes
- monitoring implementation and compliance through ASB case reviews
Janine has vast experience of drafting these documents in a manner which is clear, concise and of value to officers. In 2015, she worked with a leading housing lawyer to redraft the Housing Corporation Guidance in relation to the content of ASB policy and procedure.
Being at the forefront of shaping national policy and legislation means that she can ensure that the content of the documents is high-quality, laying the foundations for a strong ASB service. As a qualified coach, she is able to work with the ASB team members to ensure their views and needs are reflected in the documents, making officers more likely to use the documents and take ownership of them.
If you are currently experiencing any challenges with ASB casework and would like to find out more about how the ASB Policy Healthcheck Service can help you, simply click here